Designed with individual development in mind, our Self-Study Guides are perfect for employees of small businesses, remote staff, or meeting the specific training needs of a few employees. In true ETL fashion, the opportunity to customize these Self-Study Guides to your organization, culture, environment and needs is available should you require it.
Need a little extra guidance? While there is a comprehensive "Answers" section contained at the back of each program, Excel Thru Learning is able to engage one-on-one with your employees in telephone or face to face coaching on topics of interest.
- Building Relationships for Positive Results - Recognize the importance of collaboration; identify personality styles and how to work with each style; learn how to strengthen relationships at work.
- Conflict Resolution and Decision-Making - Discover techniques to help promote creative decision-making; use an effective decision-making model and process; learn how to resolve conflict; recognize various types and causes of conflict; discover their conflict management style.
- Effective Communication - Determine communication strengths and weaknesses; understand the skills of effective listening; recognize the silent methods of communication; understand the importance of written communication.
- Foundations of Leadership - Understand the foundations of effective leadership; determine the differences between leading and managing; gain insight into different leadership styles.
- Giving Feedback - Learn how to identify employees who need feedback; learn how to give Positive/Constructive feedback using the ETL feedback model.
- Handling Difficult Behaviours - Understand what constitutes “difficult behaviour”; effectively deal with different behaviours; reduce the stress of working with challenging behaviours; learn how to handle challenging situations.
- Performance Review Process - Establish an environment conducive to productive performance reviews; prepare and conduct discussions that encourage an exchange of information; follow through on agreements reached and implement a follow-up plan.
- Time Management – Getting Organized - Recognize time styles; identify time wasters; construct a healthy prioritized ‘To Do List’; generate more time through delegation.
Self-Study Leadership Series Kit
ETL is pleased to offer you our cost-effective Self-Study Leadership Series Kit. Each Kit includes the above 8 topics in booklet format, tabbed and housed in a binder for easy use and storage.
Self-Study Leaders Guide
To enhance the self-study experience, ETL offers a comprehensive Leaders Guide to take managers through the tools and techniques to coach employees and create accountability, ensuring that the self-study participants are setting goals, creating action plans, and transferring their newly acquired knowledge to the job.
Purchasing Self-Study Guides
Thank you for your interest in our Self-Study Guides. These Self-Study Guides are available for purchase at our online store. Or, if you would prefer to deal directly with an ETL team member, please fill out our contact form or call into the office at (905) 789-1467.